TPD cover provides a lump sum payment if you suffer a disability before retirement and can’t work again, or can’t work in your usual occupation or chosen field of employment.
TPD can be purchased as an add on, or as a stand alone policy
You can buy TPD as an add on to term life insurance, or as a stand alone product. You can also get TPD as an extra benefit from your super fund or as part of a trauma insurance product.
Tax Treatment Outside Super
- Premiums are not tax deductible.
- The benefit payment is tax free if paid to the injured person or their relative.
Tax Treatment Inside Super
- Premiums are generally tax deductible for the super fund.
- Superannuation contributions made to fund premiums may attract various tax concessions.
- The benefit payment you receive may be taxed.
Interested in more information? Contact us today.
To our valued clients
Please note that from Monday 30th March our office will be no contact. We will still be taking appointments via phone or email.
Please ring (07) 4743 4555, email email@example.com or send a message to our Facebook page.